Saturday 5 February 2011

OH DEARY ME

I had a vision the other day of a quilt I knew I had made but hadn't finished, but when I looked in my UFO box!!!!!! it wasn't there! How odd I thought. I rang Annette to ask her if she remembered me giving it away to anyone, she said I hadn't because she wouldn't let me, so I knew it had to be somewhere in my sewing room. Chaos was the order of the day as I searched and searched for it. No joy anywhere, where had it gone? After turning my sewing room up-side-down I was getting pretty angry. Rang Annette again and said was she sure? She came back with - 'have you checked the boxes under your table?'
Ahhhhh!
So I dragged the drawer unit out of the way then yanked hard to get the three boxes out of the corner. They are big boxes and they were heavy. Well dear reader, the top one I knew had  all my voile's and sparkly fabrics in it, but what on earth was in the other two? Surprise surprise......one held UFOs - ARGHHHHHHH and the other held fabric. Tons of it.
Let me explain.;
I used to design and make Quilts for Makower years ago. They sent me fabric samples and I then designed quilts and ordered the fabrics to make one for them and one for myself.  The one for myself was the payment for designing and making theirs. Fair deal. This is how I have ended up with so much fabric in this particular box because I haven't made all of MY quilts., and guess what, I am not going to either, not now. I will finish off the ones that are half started but the rest I will just put the fabric into my stock and use it as and when I wish. I will have to find the photo's of the quilts I made for Makower and whack them on here so you can see just how many I did. Quite a few I have to say.
But I digress - the UFOs I found in the box were not all Makower as I had at first thought, it was just the fabric packs. The Quilts are various ones I have made over many years and sadly, forgot about them. Today then is their day to be aired on here, they are not finished of course so I have just slung them as I opened them up on my bed and took a picture, they will look better when they have been quilted.
Enough, I hear you say, where are they?

Pink stars in a chain...
This one I remember I started after my mum had died...
One of the Makower ones, which I am going to change slightly,
then sell it hopefully...
This is made using those tiny corners from snowball blocks,
it is the bit you usually throw away...
Foundation paper pieced Christmas Tree,
another for sale methinks...
Small log cabin blocks...
This is a fairly large quilt I made by cutting a strip of every fabric I owned -
at the time!!!
and made blocks with them  a kind of reference quilt...
I have a feeling I did this with my group one Saturday -
best get it finished before they have a go at me...
Oh my! I remember this one, it is from a very long time ago,
when I couldn't afford to buy 100% cotton fabric,
this is nearly all Poly cotton fabric - do not turn your nose up at it -
I used to use it all the time...
Another design done with my group - oh dear...
Yellow Trip Around the World...
Corner view...
Floral Trip Around the World...
Shh, another quilt from Group...
Aha, this is one of my Makower designs,
it has a musical theme, I shall have to finish this one...
one day!!!!
Now this is the one that started it all, I knew I had made a dinosaur quilt,
little devils, hiding like that...
Another of my designs but not for Makower even though it uses a lot of their fabric. I did a class at Poppy Patch many years ago - this is what the girls made, or something similar, they all chose different ways of laying the design out...
Love this one, so does hubby, I shall finish this one first,
it is actually very brown, but shows up pinkish on here -odd-
made from scraps mainly anyway I remember that part...

So there we are the UFOs from the hidden boxes.
I am going to try to sell some of my Quilt tops on EBay,
do you think that is a good idea? Rather than finish them all myself...hmmmm!!!!

************************************************
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS
Annette has just informed me that one of the ones up there is actually one she made and gave to me, would you look at that...
Mine on the left, Annette's on the right... 

 ******************

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I DO remember some of them!

Unknown said...

wow, i'd love to be set free in your fabric stash/sewing room....those are lovely......list them on ebay and then give me a link to them all

Kerstin said...

oh Boy, you are going to be busy finishing your UFOs. I thought I had many.

But all are very lovely.

Kerstin

Angela said...

Wow...I didn't think you had THAT many!! Anyway, finishing them should keep you quiet for a while ;o) They're all well worth finishing, they're gorgeous!
As for selling on ebay have a good look at what's sold, or not sold. first. Personally I've not had much success :o(
Ang x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, I think the one made out of polycotton is lovely. If it needs a new home,you know my address!!!
Caz xx

Anonymous said...

Jan
They are all lovely they are too good to go on ebay

Maggie

Maggi said...

They are all so lovely Jan and I agree with Maggie that they are too good to go on ebay where people just seem to want something for nothing. Nothing wrong with polyester, it has its place like everything else.