Tuesday 26 June 2012

MY GROUP ON SATURDAY 23 JUNE

Better late than never, I ran out of time last night to get the pictures up and today managed to get them all cropped and ready so here we go. This is the SHOWTIME from the ladies at my group on Saturday. Enjoy....

by Annette -
her 'Monday' quilt, she belongs to a Monday group
and they made blocks and had to assemble at will -
isn't this great? Proud of her...
by Bridget -
this is using lots of scraps and the flowers we made a while back...
 close up for you...
 by Bridget -
Crazy blocks which she had never done before...
 by Bridget -
not sure if you can see, this has lots of layers of voile...
 by Bridget -
as you can see she is a very prolific quilter,
this was an amazing piece, again using lots of voile and beads and
in Bridget's words, everything including the kitchen sink!
I loved this very much...
 by Irene -
we were making HST's by the score and Irene had a few left over
from her quilt so made this cushion...
 by Irene -
using the pretty small Fairy panels she made this quilt
for a Niece I think it was...
 by Polly -
This was the first block of Baltimore we are doing at the group,
she will be making all hers into cushions...
 by Polly -
scrummy muffins for tea,
I hope you will click on the picture and see the gorgeous muffin buttons
at the top and bottom of this small hanging...
 by Wendy -
all hand done, please click on the picture
to see the fabulous quilting...
 by Sue -
Sue suffers with just about everything that life can throw at her but she never ever complains, just quietly gets on with things, we did this hexagon flower a while back and a lot of the ladies didn't wish to keep theirs so I collected them up and Sue had them all for therapy work for her hands, she told me she now understands what I mean when I say although we cut out a 6" square, everyone's 6" square will be different!!!!!
think about it....
Well done Sue, she is going to turn this into a bag.
 Pat's Hexagon group within the group -
the ladies are given a name and colour each month and they have to make two florets for that person in the colour stated, we started this month and it took off really well as you can see, I got them all to place their Hexies together so we could get a photo of them, aren't they pretty...
a close up for you...

********************************************

We had a lovely day, there was a lot of sewing and chatting going on and a lot of tea drinking as ever. I hope next time to be able to show you more of the Baltimore blocks they are doing. Until then, thank you for looking.

********************************************

7 comments:

Dar said...

Lovely work from your ladies. Thanks for the show.

Anonymous said...

What a talented and creative bunch. I love the heagon flower, so you have any tips on where can I find out how to do it? T x

Maggi said...

Great work from your group Jan.

Unknown said...

I agree - lovely work by your ladies.

Searchfamilies said...

Beautiful work done the group really talented lot
Hugs Janice

jan said...

Hi Anonymous,
Is it possible for you to tell me who you are????
I would love to know your name and where you are from, I am friendly, I don't bite, well not very often!!!
The Hexagons are very easy to do, if you GOOGLE how to make Hexagons, you will get lots of lessons pop up for you to watch on You Tube.
I can though put a tutorial on my other blog if you would like me to. Let me know along with your name, pretty please.
jan

Di said...

Lovely Show and Tell. Just sorry I had to miss this Saturday.

Di