Monday 12 April 2010

I HAD A GO

This is the one I bought by the way, and it came from STITCHYKITS. brilliant service, very quick.
I had a go with the Heatgun, hmmm, hubby just went 'mmm, a hair dryer could do that' - don't they drive you nuts sometimes!!!!! Rebecca went 'Cool'.  Well actually it was hot hot hot, but I think I used too high a setting. What I did you will see further down.
I had made some cards with the dyed Hydrangea petals Reb and I had done the other weekend. Some are OK some are -duff- so I thought, oh what the heck, burn them. Sorry, Zap them with the Heatgun. Better luck with it next time I thought.

Postcards made with the Hydrangea petals, with different sorts of voiles over the top...
I am going to zap this one I just do not like it, if it gets ruined, a lesson learned...
I like this one very much, I obviously took a bit more care in the choice of background fabric, and can you see the two 'things' hanging on the left? They are my very first hand made beads. I am so proud of them, Reb and I have been playing with fabric and glue and are making these beads. Well actually she is doing all the painting, I am doing the sewing part and the making of the beads, she is a bit nervous of them yet, give her time she will come round I am sure...
Here we go then, these two are the ones I zapped with the Heatgun, I had it on the first setting and it didn't seem to do anything, so I pushed it to the higher setting and whoosh, I started to laugh, the 'gun' went all over the place and here are the results of my first gun battle...
If you look closely by clicking on the picture, you will see I melted the voile AND the petals underneath, oops! Not supposed to have done that. They seem to be staying there though,  so I just finished the cards and popped them into plastic sleeves to protect them. If you fancy one of these do let me know, but not the one with the beads, sorry, that one is spoken for. No point them sitting in my box is there?
Today I zapped some cards I had made yesterday evening. Now THEY are better, much better, you will have to wait for the piks though, cos I forgot to take any today. Not feeling 100% actually so not a lot got done today.
I will be interested to see your comments about these, I know they are a bit naff, but it is my first go. Poor excuse!
**********************************

7 comments:

Cal said...

Good effort, you are certainly experimental! I like them, they are nice with the petals and the stitching around them. Hope you feel better soon!

Pat said...

See...it's like this....since I have NO clue what a heat gun is supposed to do and how you work with one, all of that looks perfectly fine to me!!! I am absolutely clueless about heat guns...I really am. Feel better soon!

Di said...

I am impressed. You really have taken this 'experimental' stuff by the horns and mastered it. These cards are brilliant. I need some lessons my friend!!!!

Hope you feel better today.

Anonymous said...

Great first attempts Jan. You'll soon get used to the settings on your gun. And those beads are just beautiful. Well done Reb for the hydrangea petals idea, they work perfectly.

Reflections of life and art said...

What did I miss being off line a few days, as to you needing a heat gun for....your projects look wonderful....maybe something I can try myself...I have a few heat guns myself...even an industrial one.
I like hubby's comment....most men think the same thing...only these heat guns melt things....lol!

Anonymous said...

Gosh you are clever, they are lovely, I have no knowledge of one of those gun thingys yet!!!!!!!

joan

Angela said...

WOW...a PINK one!!! I want a pink one too now ;o) Mine's a miserable grey one :o( As for heat settings - I think mine's just got the one!!
Anyway...what you've produced looks great for your fist attempts and I love your beads :o).
Wait till you have a go at the puff paint and the Tyvek - Reb will love those ;o)
Ang x