Thursday 28 January 2010

THE POST MADE IT

Now that Angela has received her gift from me, I can show you what I sent her. Because she has sent me some amazing gifts I had to make something special and 'different' for her. So I designed two different things for her to have. Hopefully she can make use of both. They were fun to make....

They went into this old box I found,
 for posting so they didn't get damaged...



First I made a little envelope style purse,
this is it closed, front view...


back view...


open view...


then I made a box from fabric postcards for Angela to store
her fabric postcards, this is the front...
all Batiks as I know Angela loves them



side...



back...



other side...



top view...


inside view...


Also, I enclosed her Postcard for January,
if you remember we had snow snow and yet more snow;
so I did a tongue in cheek card...
Hope you can see the writing...


Glad it arrived for you Angela, thanks for letting me know...
Enjoy

11 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

What fun! That Treasure Chest is super clever!

Unknown said...

how cute, I love that postcard box. Your so clever Jan. hugs

Reflections of life and art said...

2 beautiful gifts Janet....I like the postcard chest...I'm sure she loves them both!

Rosa-Munda said...

What lovely gifts Jan. You are always so wonderfully creative! Ros

Angela said...

I'm so luck to have you as a friend Jan...thank you so much - everything is gorgeous!

Ang xx

Maggi said...

All wonderful Jan. Angela is a lucky girl.

jan said...

Hey Angela,
I think we make a good team, you and I.
lol Jan

Searchfamilies said...

All are really lovely well done
Hugs Janice

Gene Black said...

I just love the quilting on that little envelope purse.

Shirley said...

Hi
I saw this envelope purse when I came to your blog for the OWOH giveaway and really liked it. Does this style have a name because I'd like to know more about it. Thank you.

QuiltandPatch said...

I know I am a little late but just love the postcard box,have always wondered what people do with them! I am still ploughing my way through your fantastic blog,everytime I see something new!