Tuesday 3 January 2012

QUILTS COMING OUT OF MY EARS

I have put similar pictures to these up in the past but I want you to see why it is I am not making any NEW Quilts this year. I WILL be making the ones I said I would be making last year -Dear Jane, Sylvia's Bridal and a few others, but I am not going to start any new after those....she says!!!!  Anyway have a look and see what you think, hahahaha...
Quilts on the chair...
 Quilts at foot of the bed + one on the bed...
 Quilts at the top of the bed...
 Quilts on a shelf...
 UFOs in a tray...
 Quilts in a tray in the cupboard...
 Quilts on top shelf of same cupboard...
 UFO pile in same cupboard, in box and on top of box...
See what I mean?
******************************************
Now, for all those out there who accuse me of NEVER
doing anything wrong.
Just look at this little Dodo..
I was making a bookmark to go in something for someone, I decided on the fabric and put some matching voile over it to tone it down, then I chose the thread for the quilting I wished to do, a lovely gold !!!! sparkly thread...Oh yes...
Gold on gold on gold..derrrrrr, so you couldn't see any of the quilting...
 only on the back...
 Here I am holding it in front of my light with one hand, camera in the other taking the picture - not easy, to try to see the quilting, nope no good, try again Janet...
 ooh there is a bit can you see it, hahahaha, what a plank!
 It was made to go in this pocket Postcard for someone who didn't receive hers from the swap I sorted. I don't like people missing out so I made up the shortfall. It was posted today first class so she should hohoho get it tomorrow and I feel pretty safe whacking it on here as I don't think she reads my Blog...
 and here is the back of the postcard, I like using the wrong side of striped fabric as it helps me to keep my writing in a straight line....ish!!!!
See, I DO make mistakes, you usually don't see them cos I bin them
*******************************
Went to post office today with several packages for peeps and guess what?
The system crashed...
Is it me?
**************************************

8 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, my...you do have a lot of.....everything! LOL

Maggi said...

I have never seen so many quilts all in one place. You are amazingly productive. The gold quilting may not show up well in a photo but I bet it did in real life.

Kerstin said...

gee, those are a lot of Quilts. you where not kidding. lol.

like Maggi said. I think the quilting looks good in real.
what a nice thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Here is proof that I do read your blog!

The pocket postcard arrived today full of wonderful goodies. The gold quilting is sparkling away. Thank you so much.You are so kind.

I am especially blessed as the original missing postcard arrived, bruised and battered, yesterday.

Margaret

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow! That is a ton of quilts!!! I hope you take them out for turns being on the bed or cuddled with or something. By the way, you won my giveaway! (Karma, huh?) I think I have your mailing address, but send it to me again, just in case. Congrats!

Caz said...

Cor,, what a lot of quilts!!!Any need a new home???

Noel said...

Happy New Year Janet....looks like you're going to be busy this year...I wish I had one ounce of your talent! They all look beautiful and your quilting ability is amazing. Good luck getting them finished and sold!
Your bookmark is beautiful too....you can see the quilting on the other side which makes each one unique....love you!

Diane-crewe said...

I dont think you can ever have too many quilts...and I think gold on gold is GREAT xx