Tuesday 28 February 2012

RECYCLED DENIM

Well as I missed the competition deadline on the PP Forum, I am putting pictures here of the bag I made from the jeans Annette let me have to cut up. I am really pleased with the result, it is only a bog standard tote but I managed to use quite a lot of the original bits off the jeans, as you will see...

Front of the bag - I used most of the long leg pieces from the jeans for the main body of the bag, inserting a pretty polycotton fabric I had between the strips for a touch of colour, I quilted feathers all over the denim to stop it stretching and give it a bit of strength as these were well worn jeans....
close up,
the loop is from the back of the jeans waistband,
it is there for a reason...
voila...this is how the bag closes, the long tag going through the loop was inside the waistband of the jeans, it says BOOTCUT, I thought it was fun so used it, I first had to 'touch up' the embroidery as it had frayed a fair bit through many washes I guess...
You may be able to make out they are from NEXT,
the size too!!!
Just had to put one of my special labels on,
cheers Liz...
back view...
I sewed a pocket inside,
one of the rear pockets,
I have done it in such a way that is actually a double pocket...
tada.
Thank you Katy for coming up with the great idea.
Thank you Annette for the jeans.
********************************************
I forgot to put in the previous post that Ros had sent Rebecca these seeds, she can't wait to sow them Ros, she loves strawberries, so does her mum
***********************************************

9 comments:

Dar said...

Your denim bag is just the right size for me. I have lots of denim jeans hanging around, but have used them for sturdy quilts. Did you use a pattern, or is this your original pattern. I really like the look.

Rosa-Munda said...

Jan, Love the bag! Did you use a special needle for the quilting?
Sophie grew some of those strawberries a while back on the kitchen windowcill, and they are now happily sitting in a big pot on the patio - producing little strawberries all summer long. Good luck there! Ros x

Diane-crewe said...

it looks great well done you xx....who needs to enter competitions?... its a winner x

Maggi said...

That is great Jan, a winner all the way. Hope Rebecca has fun with the strawberries, both growing and eating.

Unknown said...

beautiful bag, great job......I love strawberries too...

Caz said...

Brilliant bag Jan,,, was it 'easy'?

Judi said...

It's really lovely, well done.

Searchfamilies said...

very nice bag
Hugs Janice

Di said...

The bag looks even better 'in the flesh'. Great bag Jan