Tuesday 18 August 2009

AND NOW THE AFTERNOON BAGS

In the afternoon we were going to make yet another BST, but this time with a bit of 'Bling' or 'Zing' whatever you wish to call it. I took along the secret ingredient for the ladies to use. This was VOILE, I also took along lots of my embellishments for them to use at will. Here is how they got on...
The voile was placed over the right side of the front of the bag,
then stitched across in wavy lines,
embellishments were fed into these gaps,
then they were stitched upwards from the hem to entrap the bits and bobs inside,
the bag was then finished as per the mornings one.

Enjoy all the pretty colours -
beautiful blue...



luscious olive...



glittering gold...



brilliant blue...



perfect purple...



raspberry crush...



another raspberry crush...



getting the embellishments inside was difficult for some...



but oh so worth it...



see - how pretty is this...



this looks like a view at sea...



lovely smile because she was so pleased with it -
well done 'K'



another almost done...



my embellishments for general use...



Finished, very pretty 'M'...



'M' also finished the lovely olive one too...



'G' decided to fill the whole front of her bag...



'D' the perfect purple bag...



'J' a gorgeous blue vision...



Wahey, a very happy 'K' with her finished bag...



I have a few more photo's to get from the people who didn't quite finish their bags on the day, but overall, I do believe they enjoyed making this bag in the end. I do hope so. I love doing machine classes. Thank you ladies for coming, don't forget to use those bags.....

3 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Thanks Jan
I did find this one harder but i guess that was because you didn't say that we was putting stuff in so we could make the gaps between bigger lol i put mine on my blog
Hugs Janice

Maggi said...

The bags are great and plenty of room for some serious retail therapy. You could almost fit a sewing machine in one!

jan said...

Hi Janice,
AHH but I did when I was doing the curvy stitching, maybe you didnt hear me for the noise of the machine!
Sorry me dear.
Jan


Hey Maggi,
I hadn't thought of that!!!! hohoho.
Jan