Friday 5 March 2010

ASSORTED - BUT ALL WONDERFUL

I have been sewing away like crazy, But not getting anywhere it seems. Such is life!!! So what have I been doing? Here are two blocks for swaps I am in - the first is of course Seahorses - what a todo that was for me, my daughter told me they are all brown in real life, so to perk them up a bit, I sewed beads in a double row all the way down their spines, it is signed under a piece of seaweed... This was for Irene...
the next one is a Sunflower block, this was for Kim, she told us an Uncle used to call her Sunflower, so I printed a picture I found of her onto fabric, unfortunately it pixellated badly so up close the picture is dodgy -
but from a distance it is fine, it is signed under a leaf, I hope she likes it - oh dear...
*****************************************************
Onto the Postcard swaps I am in... This is from Caz - her very first Postcard - isn't it great, well done Caz I love it, theme was - Free Choice...
Theme - Weather this card from Joan, she says she doesn't know why she chose lightening, good choice though Joan, very explicit...
Joan, also sent me this Free Choice card - I love that multi coloured Ric rac she has used, Thank you so much Joan for my lovely cards...
******************************************************
Off to the Post Office I go with an assortment of packages...
This is my Postcard of Weather theme for Joan, think I have all the weather situations covered!!!! hahahahaha
This is my Free Choice theme for Kerstin in Germany, I sewed sequins and beads in the centres of the little stars after going round them with variegated thread...
We have a Bookmark Swap going on at the moment from Angela, these are the first ever Bookmarks I have made, off to the girls I am swapping with...
****************************************************************
Here is the Bookmark I received from Maggi, it has been felted on the Embellisher and the bead at the bottom is from The African Shop - gorgeous Bookmark thanks Maggi...
Caz made this Bookmark for me, she obviously knows I love teddies, clever girl, thanks Caz...
************************************
Slightly different thing now. These following five cards are going to the Childrens Cancer Charity, they are going to be sold - hopefully - to raise funds for said Charity, I have to admit the first three I did have made already for a different Charity, I made them years ago, but they weren't accepted as I was a day late in sending them off!!! No worries, I ripped the backs off them and replaced with fresh backs for this one.
******************************************************

I ordered some stuff from Myfanwy, have a feeling I may need it in the near future!!!!
Just look though, what she enclosed for me in the package...
Above is the front and below is the back of -
a beautiful little note book she has hand made...
It is tiny, 3" square, amazing but beautiful...
Lots of pages inside too...
Thank you so much Myfanwy, I just love it.
Once again I am a lucky, lucky person
**************************************************8

Life is a bit hectic at the moment as Rebecca is off school a bit poorly, so I am going backwards and forwards to sit with her whilst her mum goes to work. It's a good thing we live fairly close, it is also good exercise for me, particularly as today was the day my other daughter, Suzanne, and I started out yearly !! Diet again.
I weighed myself this morning.  What fun!
In the hall the scales said 13st 3lbs, in my sewing room the scales registered me to be 14st 3lbs....hmmm which do you think I am going by?????
I am going to try really hard and stick to it this year as I have got to get some of this weight off, I am tired of huffing and puffing when I go out. Also I am sick of wearing black to disguise my size!!! Which, I hasten to add, doesn't really work. So if any of you feel like helping me along my dieting path, feel free with the comments.
On a positive note to end with, Rebecca has got the Secondary school she hoped to go to for her first choice. Yippee. She was so worried about it, then she got sick. I think all the children are now going down with this virus like flies.
Oh joy!!!!
***********************************************

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your goodies as I always do. You'll do great on your diet. As of today, I've lost 40lbs. WOOHOO

Pat said...

I love all the cards (the ones you received AND the ones you made). And the bookmarks are very nice, too. Congrats to Rebecca on getting into her first-choice school. I know just what you are saying about the diet....as I find myself huffing and puffing a lot now, too...and I MUST do something about it.

Leah said...

Love looking at all your photos Janet. I am particularly smitten by the bookmarks this time. They turned out lovely. :)

Maggi said...

What a great array of photos Jan. Love the pieces that you have made and you have received some great gifts. Sorry to hear that Rebecca is not well, hopefully she will be feeling better soon.

Good luck with the diet.