Monday 30 November 2009

FRIDAY BLOCK PARTY AND ANNETTE's BIRTHDAY

Today was Annette's birthday, she was 36, bet she will moan I have put that there for all to see. Age doesn't worry me, I don't mind folk knowing how old I am so why should it bother others? ho hum. Anyway, I picked Reb up from school for her today and popped over to see what she had for her birthday, she seemed to have had some lovely prezzies and a fair few cards, no doubt she will be putting them on her Blog when she gets time, now she has two jobs there isn't a lot of spare time for her. Here though are some piccies of her yummy cake, Reb decorated it for her, made a really good job of it too considering she hadn't used a piping bag before.







It was really scrummy
Happy Birthday Annette

*************************************

Friday Block Party

I belong to a group online who are making one block per week. Well, that is the plan but I am way behind - nothing new - so  I pulled some fabrics from my cupboard and then I cut out some strips in the most used sizes, so as not to waste any time, then I went for it...


Here are the strips all pinned up ready for use...



as I said the most used sizes...



plus I cut some 6" as there are a few larger squares needed occasionally...



this is how I store them, on a trouser hanger, the safety pin slips over the hooks either side,
I can just lift off the strip I need as and when...
let's go...



ALL the patterns are from the Quilter's Cache by the way
Queen Charlotte's Crown...



Hearth and Home...



Mrs. Morgan's Choice...



1930's Square...
I laid this one out differently to the way it should have been done - cos I can...



1941 Nine Patch...



Z Cross...



Leap Frog...



Rally Round...



Envelope Motif...



Windmill 2



Rotunda...



Triangle Chain...



That's that lot done, this evening I have cut out a further ten blocks ready for sewing together tomorrow. I am finding this ally good way to do them all, I shall be caught up in no time.  I will say I don't actually like some of the blocks but decided to make all 52 of them regardless, when I have them all done, I shall decide what to make with them all, a possible is a few Soldier Quilts, all depends on how well they go together with the colours I have used!!

**************************************

I had a visitor last week, one of my ladies from my group came to show me her Quilt and how far she had got with it, Gail it was, her quilt is looking really good, I was stupid I should have taken a photo of it whilst it was here. Doh! But just look, she also bought me a present,



YUM YUM, I love these. Thank you Gail.

*********************************************

4 comments:

Unknown said...

those blocks look hard, their beautiful though.....

Unknown said...

happy birthday annette, I didn't see that post the first time I read it. cake looks great. yum

Reflections of life and art said...

First happy birthday to Annette...second, all your blocks are great...my fave tho are Triangle Chain, Rally round and Z cross!
They will make nice quilts...speaking of quilts...I love mine...it sits on the Queen chair and I snuggle with it...I can feel the love....:-D

Maggi said...

Happy birthday to Annette. You have been so busy with the blocks - they look good.