Monday 9 November 2009

WIN SOME - LOSE SOME

I still find it pretty amazing, [even after sending Postcards to people for some time now] to find how many just never reach their destination. This is now happening with some of the blocks from the Popular Patchwork Forum, we are swapping Friendship Blocks, and some are just not getting through. It is such a shame really as the person who makes these blocks, has to now make another, and the one who should be receiving it has even longer to wait.....again.....

This Postcard was made for theme HARVEST swap on PP site -
I wanted to make a card that was 'different', as sadly the first one didn't get to its new owner!!!
This is the cover...


Page  one...

Page two...

Page three ...

Last one...

The card went to Irene B and she likes it, so that is good. I have to say it is better than the first version, so all's well that ends well...

FRIENDSHIP BLOCK SWAP
PP Forum again -
This block I made for Jo, she stipulated Lilac for her choice -
she has received it and again she liked it, I seem to be on a roll -
mind you -
{I sometimes wonder if anyone doesn't really !!! like the block they get -}
that is the devil in me speaking of course....

This next one, was made for Anita -
it hasn't arrived -
it was sent a while back so I guess it has gone walkabout
I shall have to make another for her, not to worry,
but I do have to say I was quite pleased with this one,
Anita had stipulated Birds and Flowers, on either a blue or green background...

Close up of the Peacock

I did enjoy making this - on my Bernina - I tried on the other machine which will
remain nameless and it just wouldn't do it - couldn't hack it - WOMBAT!
Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Mine is not the only one that has gone missing, Angela's has too!
???????????????????????????????????

A REMINDER ABOUT MY GIVE AWAY
I shall close this at the
END OF THIS WEEK,
SO
IF you wish to be in it you will have to go back a few posts to find it to enter.
*************************
***************

5 comments:

Reflections of life and art said...

it's always disappointing when something had made doesn't reach the person it's intended to....you wonder where they end up at?
Your work is amazing...the Peacock is beautiful...now if I could learn to use my Bernina like that!

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely block & postcards, i think if i did postcards i would put them in a envelope to send as machines can damage them or they may just get lost because someone likes them so much lol what they can't see they can't have so may be that the way to go
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

The peacock is fabulous! :D
Fiona

Kerstin said...

Oh Jan, absolutly stunning. The Card and the Peacock.

I hope it will still arrive at Anitas.

Unknown said...

love that peacock block, wow