Tuesday 29 June 2010

HOT AND DRY BUT GROWING

Thanks to the lovely Kim, I was able to make a batch of
COOL TIES on Sunday
and today posted them to Andy,
for him and his mates...
Should help to cool them down from the heat they are experiencing at the moment.
We think it is hot here - 29-30deg
Andy has got 50+ deg
work it out........
PHEW!

Mesembryanthemums grown from seed by hubby - not bad eh!

First Rose on this bush...
and this one...
Can't remember what this is called but it is very pretty...
Good old Lavender...
The Geraniums are putting up a good fight in this heat...
Clematis I keep threatening, if it gets no better it goes...
Just love those Hydrangeas, always a good display...
We call this 'the coffin' it was a table, hubby converted it to a flower bed thingy...
our first Sunflower, a bit piffy isn't it?
again, can't remember the name of this, but it is a stayer...
This is our Ruby Wedding Rose, it has a fabulous scent...
Our ground is as dry as old bones, it is all cracking, the grass is not green really,
only the new bit he seeded cos it gets watered with the hose-pipe, no ban yet!
We need rain badly, trouble is when it starts it will forget to stop.
***********************
Congratulations to all the England Fans who managed to stay out of trouble
during our very short [!] trip to South Africa!
See, you can do it, even if our team can't!
******************************************
Good to see Mark Webber on the news making 'light' of his horrific F1 accident,
it could have been dreadful, but the cars are so safe now for the driver,
I was pleased to see him get out and walk away.
Well done Vettel for winning.
****************************************
I guess we just have the Tennis to get through, then peace will reign once more.
*********************************************
Thank goodness!
***************

8 comments:

Maggie R said...

Jan what are cool ties?
I love your flowers in spite of your dry weather.
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Pat said...

Your flowers are just LOVELY!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers!

Cool ties - DS asked yesterday when I was going to make the sea cadets some for boating? He originally asked when I made a batch for SAFA last year.... :( Need to find the pattern again.

Fiona.

Unknown said...

oh la la, i love those flowers...i like the ruby wedding rose, wow, it almost looks fake

Anonymous said...

Oh the Mesembryanthemums are lovely!! Your rose too. I love them all:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers and what has that clematis done wrong, it looks great. I have no idea what cool ties are but I do remember my late husband working out in those temperatures in Riyadh and he said it was actually more comfortable than the heat in England because there was no humidity.

jan said...

Maggi I can't get my emails to go to you I was sending you the link for the ties...

Pat, the flowers should be much much better than they are, they need water from the skies!!!!!!

Fiona let me know if you can't find it......

Tonya, trust me , it is real....

Ann, The Mesems are wonderful when the sun is out, they close up every night, it is fascinating watching them....

Maggi, that Clematis is a wimpy thing, each year I threaten to pull it up, each year it flowers and goes thp to me... I think the lads in Afghanistan are not coping with the terrible heat at the moment. 50+ in the shade apparently. OUCH.....

Jan

jan said...

http://www.watersorb.com/polymer_cool_neck_bands.htm

Link for the Cool Ties for you all.
Jan