Monday 2 August 2010

POSTCARDS - 3/11

Here are some !! Postcards I have been making for the past week or so, different styles, I was trying out various things, mainly practising Feather quilting, this is a good way to practice ideas as you have
a useful item at the end, no waste, I like that...
I bought some sequin waste stuff, it is the tiny bit the hole is punched from, I tipped some into the card so it will 'float' around, a bit like a snow globe if you like, this is to show the effect, glitter at one side...
now it is 'floating'...
to one side...
'floating'...
scraps of fabric under voile and then quilted, also
a feathered card...
more practice...
still more...
getting the hang of it slowly...
getting better, I think...
free style quilting on these...
tried freehand Gingko leaves, not bad...
this was puff paint and then the heat gun, first use of both...
the pile of cards all finished...
this was me playing on the computer and scanner...
great fun, must do this again...
Hope you enjoyed the cards
**********************************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards, as always.
Caz

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been one busy woman. Waiting for your posts was so worth it. So many wonderful and delightful items.
I am posting one post about all of the posts:)

I love ALL your postcards. You are very talented. In the sets of 4 my favorites are........hmmm they are all so beautiful. ok I love them all:)

Your bags are to die for. Gorgeous is the one you made and was won by Jytte!!! The one you made for Jo is awesome too. Just lovely!!

All the blocks you made for swaps are lovely. I love the crazy Quilted one. I am being partial I know since that is my craft of choice;) They are all beautiful. I envy your amazing sewing machine abilities.

Those are great pictures of the clouds. Wow it really does look like a feather. My kids and I love to lay at the park and stare up at the clouds and look for designs. Yours is great:)

Wonderful posts, keep it up. Your work is a delight to look at and so very inspirational:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Noel said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards...I like this stitching....the same as the pinkish/purple journal page...I so want to make a wallet out of that one and carry it with me always....:-)

Vesuviusmama said...

Great cards - I love all those feathers! I must try them, they just seem so daunting!