Monday 16 August 2010

VOILA

I had a few bags to make for some wonderful people, so I cheated - as I do - I quilted a long long piece and then cut it into the sizes needed to make the bags. It was very quick to do it this way. So, not a table runner, or a scarf for a Giant or any of the other amazing ideas you came up with. hee hee Just boring bags. It was lovely to do it this way apart from the bobbin kept running out, that is why they are showing different colours on the wadded side, although I seem to remember now I did change the colours on the fronts too. It didn't take long to quilt, an evening and a half I think it was, then another evening to make the linings and assemble, then another to complete. This was a great way for me to practice my feathers before I embark on putting them on a quilt I have waiting in the sidelines. I may risk it now.

The reason two are larger is because, I didn't make it long enough for the amount I needed, darn it.
They should all be received by now so I can put them on here.
Oh yes....
I had one over, would anybody like a small quilted bag?

9 comments:

Pat said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I'd not have guessed that in a million years!!! LOVE the colors of the fabrics, by the way.

Vesuviusmama said...

How very clever of you!

Di said...

Ooooh, yes please. I was in awe watching you do those feathers at the QS and there was me having trouble just ssewing a straight line!!!!!

Cal said...

What a great idea to quilt the large strip and then cut and assemble! I would not have guessed, but it makes sense now that you have explained!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a super idea,

Kerstin said...

all the bags look great. I guess this is another way of chain quilting instead chain piecing. Well I guess we are never to old to learn new tricks. Thank you so much for sharing.

Kerstin

Maggi said...

I should have guessed as I had one of the bags sitting here with me - duh!

Quilting Lab said...

Aha, I thought it might involve cutting into smaller parts! Good thinking Jan! I have quilted then cut for things, too, though not such pretty quilting! I'd love a bag but just received that lovely postcard!
Sherry

Noel said...

You are just to smart lady. Beautiful bags...I'm singing your praises as to how beautiful your work is ♫♫♫