Wednesday 1 July 2009

HOT HOT HOT

At last, something in the greenhouse!!
not -Shirley's- Babs, got those seeds for next year,

these are Alicante - its a start...



Miniature rose struggling with the heat...



This lovely delicate plant is the best its ever been,
guess it must like the heat - unlike me I wilt...







just look at that sky...



this was the temperature on Monday - Phew!
in our back garden...



this is today's inside the house - horrid...



and in the garden, this was the time and there once again 100degs...
YUK!


I really do not like this heat, sorry folks, it makes me feel ill,
my legs swell to a ridiculous size, my feet get ginormous,
today I couldn't get MY shoes on,
had to resort to a pair of hubby's old flip flops, nightmare!
Please let it be cooler tomorrow.

BUT

In all this heat I have managed to finish a Soldier Quilt,
a few post cards and some patchwork blocks.
My sewing room is like a fridge - lovely...



This is one of the patterns I used from Mary's Blog

http://maryquilts.blogspot.com/

thank you Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Maggie R said...

Hi Jan..
Have you cooled off yet?? I am like you , I don't like the very hot weather..
I really like this quilt you just finished.
My little group called the Mellow Yellows makes quilts for wounded soldiers too. Sure makes one feel good to help in a small way...
stay cool.....
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Unknown said...

Hi Jan,
I sat with my feet in cold water all day to keep cool and it worked really well. Ros

Searchfamilies said...

Yes it has been hot but i prefer it i really feel the cold which then i am in more pain so i take the heat lol
You still managed to work well done hope it will be more comfortable for you today
Hugs Janice

Mary Johnson said...

I'm surprised that we haven't had too many hot days even with traveling to Florida, Virginia, and Maryland the last few weeks.

Love the Spiderweb! One of these days I'm going to get mine quilted!