Friday 24 July 2009

TRYING - VERY TRYING

Hmm, I went over to Annette's yesterday as Rebecca wanted me to play 'CLUE' with her. Whilst I was there, I had a go on Annette's NEW machine. It too is a Janome. It is so much better than the one I am using, it sounds ungrateful I know, although it is half mine as I bought it from A with Suzanne as she wanted a machine, and I will be able to use it when I go house sitting. Anyway, I was actually pleasantly surprised by this machine, mind you, I still think I wouldn't be able to do my style of quilting on it, I have realised the main problem, I need to have an extension table on a sewing machine, my Bernina has one that slides on it, the Janomes, are quite 'short' on space. I guess they want you to buy the extras. Typical manufacturing trick. I refuse to buy one of those great big glass or whatever they are extension tables, they are way beyond my price range anyway. The one on my Bernina is just right. I am going to see if I can find a picture of Annette's machine to put here. Hold on......

See what I mean a very small area at the side...


Compared to what is at the side of mine -
this picture is not showing the whole extension table...

Not to worry, Annette has said I can use hers anytime I like, till I get mine back.
Thanks Annette.
I am persevering with the little one,
I don't have a picture of that one - yet!
It is hard work for me because of the problems with my hands.
But I am giving it my best shot.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, Have you thought about a Horn sewing cabinet for the flat surface? They are amazing. I know they're expensive but I have seen plenty 'nearly-new' ones for a fraction of the price. Ros

Searchfamilies said...

Hi Jan
Can your DH make a extension table out of wood or plastic, i think that new ones may cost a bit but sometimes the cost is worth it.
Or may be look for cabinet second-hand.
Janome machines are nice years ago i had a New Home which was Janome before they changed the name (or just used that name) then i got another Janome & the only reason i don't have it now is that i got my Viscount one for my 25th Anniversary from DH
Hugs Janice

sheppeylass said...

Jan, is your DH any good at woodwork? I'm waiting for mine to convert an old table that was in the shed so that I can have my machines level with the surface. I'll send you a copy of the instructions when I remember where I found themin the first place!!!
Fiona.

Net's Place said...

Keep on sewing muvva!!! You get the hang of it soon as your one comes back from it's mini holiday!!!!
Glad you like the new one!! Phew! The relief!!! :-)))
xxx

jan said...

Hi ros, Fiona, Janice,

hahahahahaha

sorry but you have all made me crack up laughing and I haven't done that in a while.
Bless you all. hee hee

Jan

Annette, I know I will, but just not with this one!!!!