Friday 3 July 2009

FABRIC FABRIC FABRIC

PHEW it hit 100 degrees again today so what did I do?

IRONING

I kid you not, but it was mostly fabric, so that's OK by me.

These are the yummies I got from Bramble Patch the other day by mail...

Fruit anyone?



Super shells and plains...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

these I got from EBay for my Sylvia's Quilt--if ever I get the book!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW
this is the first block I have made for the Friday Block Party group I am in,

a slight detour here,
on the Popular Patchwork Forum I am in,
Peter, one of the ladies husbands - smashing chap -
has very kindly done or is doing I should say,
a series for us in photographing fabric and quilts...
the first lesson was about colour,
so I played with my camera on this block...
this is the original block...



and again, but a little lighter...



black and white...



sepia...



red filter...



green filter...



blue filter...



negative filter... I think!!



Isn't it amazing the difference you get,
thank you Peter, I can see this is going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So as I said, I joined THE BLOCK PARTY,
and decided NOT to buy any fabric for it - think I have enough -
so I pulled open my scrap drawer and took most of it to the ironing board,
I pressed every piece, in that heat!!!!!!
Looks good huh!



But look now, I broke it all down for you to see what is in the pile....
cos I'm so nice!!!

3 wide pieces long lengths - could be handy...



I classed these as purple family...



cream...



yellow, orange browns...



oops missed a purple


played with the filter - why not...


greens...



played with the green filter...



reds and pinks...



guess what...



stacks of blues...


some do overlap so there aren't that many, are there?



smaller pieces, some very small...


and more smaller pieces, may come in handy for Postcards...


more of the same...



these are narrow pieces BUT the full width of the fabric, very handy...



So there you have it, my fabrics for the BLOCK PARTY QUILT

Click on the link at the side if you wish to join.

Lovely group VERY FRIENDLY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


They say it is going to rain tomorrow and our Heatwave is going.

HOORAY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great excitement
I LOST
2 lbs in weight this week,
methinks it was the heat wot did it -
as Babs would say
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Maggie R said...

Hee Hee Jan.... Look at the bonus' with the heat wave!!!!
You lost 2 pounds and of course ironing fabric is wonderful in any temperature.....
Looks like you are a busy busy girl...
xoxo
(((((hugs))))
Maggie

Searchfamilies said...

Boy you have been busy, on the different colours of the blocks the Sepia one looks really nice & yes i always thought a block/quilt can look totally different by using different colours it just know which colours that the secret i still to learn lol
You have lots of what you call scrappy pieces & it great that you can use them i didn't envy you ironing i didn't even work on anything sewing just sat knitting with the fan on lol
It raining or has been but still hot here & it will get warmer so you have to wait for it to cool down more you take care
Hugs Janice

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan,
Looks like you've been having some fun with all that fabric and photos too. I love your 'fruity' fabric, especially the oranges - good enough to eat. Might have to check that one out. What a relief the weather has cooled down, as like you I'm not good with all this heat. Ros x

Anonymous said...

Now I know where to get some shell fabric! Thanks for that.
I "persuaded" DD1 to tackle ironing basket to earn her keep yesterday - the first time it has been empty since Mother's Day when her little sister did it as a present for me.:)
Fiona.