Tuesday 13 October 2009

WOW, WHAT A SURPRISE BURTON

Way back, I cannot remember exactly when, I signed up for a swap - as you do - it was to make a mini bag and you had to send it to an allotted partner and another person, not the one you sent to, would send a bag to you, so you didn't know who you would receive one from. It has been great fun, I love making bags - as you may have guessed - this was a particular bag, you could make it large or small, I chose to make the small one as I thought it was really cute. It is on a previous post for you if you wish to see it. Anyway, today, OMG just look what I received. My bag from my partner - Burton McGregor - she has been so generous I am truly humbled.

This is the wonderful bag she made for me........

The card says it all...

Inside was this gorgeous pattern COMPLETE with all the fabrics to make it...



SIX more patterns...


an alphabet of rubber stamps.............

clear 'rubber' stamps for Halloween...

a beautiful Pumpkin brooch..............

Two 'finger' pin cushion rings.............


How lucky am I? Thank you so much Burton for your wonderful gifts, the bag I shall use of course on a regular basis, but to have all these other gifts from you, I am absolutely gobsmacked!
*****************************

5 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Boy you certainly got a bag full there lol all very nice
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a very cute bag!!! And the gifts inside are so generous and kind. I would die if I ever received a pattern WITH the fabric to go along. What a blessing and a good friend. Sounds the swap went fantastically!!! Your gift will be treasured the best way possible, but getting used!!! Congrats!!

Reflections of life and art said...

Great bag Janet....nice gifts to boot! I like the finger pin cushions.
You can use your rubber stamps on fabric too!

Unknown said...

lucky you, you hit the jackpot

Maggi said...

Great bag and lovely gifts, enjoy.