Saturday 17 October 2009

YEAH RIGHT

The 'thing' is back from the shop. The chap in the shop has said there is nothing wrong with it!   Yeah right!

Apparently, he had his two ladies - who are NOT quilters - sewing on it all one morning, and guess what, the thread didn't break once. They experienced no problems whatsoever!   Yeah right!

What I have to do - according to him - is to sew s-l-o-w-l-y then I will get no problems.   Yeah right!

How the heck am I to do free machine quilting slowly, isn't that asking for broken needles? And where, you may ask, is this wonderful 'thing'?  Still in the bag hubby brought it back here with, in the dark, banished up a corner, where it belongs.

YEAH RIGHT.

He also said, wish I had this on tape.......

Janome's are not that good at quilting and free machining
Even though I sell them, they aren't that good
You can't beat a Bernina for perfect stitching

My my my

Letter to be done methinks

9 comments:

Pat said...

I know I've told you this already...I had two bad Janomes (same model) that would....after about 5 months of using them.......exhibit intermittent problems. The dealer never found anything wrong, either...actually told me that unless I went to her shop and sat there and sewed UNTIL it happened, she knew she'd find nothing wrong. In other words, calling me a liar. I told her it only did this intermittently, but she was still fresh about it. I had to go to the Janome CEO with lots of letters from sewing friends who said they'd never buy a Janome and he then had me given ANOTHER model of Janome...and I'm hoping it works better than the last one. I'm not keen on Janome now, either.

Melissa ;-) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

love your new header.......WOW. darn Janomes....so sorry your having problems with it.

Searchfamilies said...

May be the answer could be is to go to the shop & you sit there & sew & show him.
Also if he don't like that stand out side & everyone who goes to go in say don't get a Janome i did that at a shop saying to everyone who went to go in how bad the shop was i got the problem sorted lol
Hugs Janice

Rosa-Munda said...

I love your shadow trapunto on your new header - its stunning. I must have a go at this! Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your machine. Ros

Anonymous said...

OMG, Jan - he deserves an award from Esther Rantzan.....how about a letter to Kirsty Alsop? She "loves her janome" according to the huge spreads in the magazines this month. Although which one is her's since there are at least 2 featured models....I'm so pleased you can now use your Bernina and get back on form sewing. We've missed you!
Fiona.

Reflections of life and art said...

Love the new header...I think you put the machine right where it needs to be...bad machine!!
Hey I sent you two emails and no response....have you given up on me..:(
Hugs,
Noel

jan said...

I think I may go to Citizens Advie Bureau first to see what they say, then get some letters done.

I do realise there are folk out there who have a Janome and like it and it works fine for them. Great. This one doesn't. It is unacceptable to me, I am a Quilter IT doesn't Quilt. Simple as that.

Maggi said...

Isn't this a quilters edition. How can they justify selling it as such if they are not very good at quilting and free machining. The mind boggles.