Saturday 24 January 2009

NEW BLOGGER ON THE BLOCK

http://rosa-munda.blogspot.com/

This is my friend Ros, do pop over and visit her Blog, she has only just started, so you will have to come back again in the near future for more from her. But it is a really good start. Hi Ros.

***********************************************************

CHARITY QUILT NEWS

Sorry if I'm boring you with this, wont be long now!! This evening I managed to get the binding on, plus a sleeve as I think it will be better 'hung' on a wall, rather than used as a quilt!!

The fabric I was going to use for the binding was all the bits left over. BUT, after laying it round the edges I decided it was a bad idea in this case because there is so much going on in the centre. SO, luckily, Helen had sent me a fairly big strip of fabric from a dress, I was able to cut two long strips from this, and add a piece of white to make it wide enough for the binding. Cheat you see, when you don't have enough, make it stretch, no-one can see the white fabric, just the pretty floral/fruit fabric. I very often do this neat trick, makes the fabric go further.

Anyway, as I was saying the binding is done, Yippee! Tomorrow I shall get the yoyos on and then, folks, it will be FINISHED. Well apart from the label, but I can do that anytime.

All I shall have to do is send a picture to the Children's Society so they can see it and hopefully approve it!!

Katy, bless her, has sorted out the selling of the tickets for this quilt so if you are wanting to buy one.......or two or three!!!!!

WATCH THIS SPACE.

****************************************************************************

3 comments:

Jan said...

What a great a tip on making the fabric go farther. I had never considered that. Now I can use that tip on a binding that turned out too narrow. Thanks again. Another Jan, but from across the pond.

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan,
Thank you for the introduction - a warm welcome to anyone who would like to come and visit me. Ros

jan said...

Hi Jan,
Like your name!!!
Glad to be of service. I very often do that to save fabric.


Hi Ros,
Am sure you will get lots of visitors now.

lol Jan