Sunday 25 January 2009

TA DA

GREAT BIG SMILE ON MY FACE.
IT IS FINISHED.
YES I am shouting it from the rooftops.

This is the backing fabric for you to see...



tiny Butterflies stitched on to anchor the three layers...



tiny daisies from Helen, sewn on for same reason...



more butterflies...



aha, the Suffolk Puffs have arrived...
hubby says it looks like a train!
Is that why they are called puffs!!!!


puffs all along the bottom edge, they are flowers,
NOT a train!



The FINISHED - HOORAY - QUILT



and for those of you who wish to see it real close, click on this picture below and scrutinise away.




So there it is, one quilt for the Children's Society.

I hope you will buy tickets to be able to win this Quilt, Katy, from Popular Patchwork Forum is organising the sale of tickets, as soon as I have the information I will post it onto my side bar for anyone who is interested in buying. All money from ticket sales go to the Children's Society. Do feel free to buy as many as you wish.
:-)

On the whole I had great fun assembling this Quilt, I couldn't have done it without the girls, Kerstin, Ros and Helen, also Katy for her important input. I can though, now, get back to my sewing which has suffered a bit of late.....ho hum.

*********************************

4 comments:

Jan said...

What a great quilt. So imaginative! I kenw right away those were flowers on the bottom of the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan,
Its truly lovely! Well done.
Ros

Angela said...

It's just fab, Jan! Well done to you, Kerstin, Ros and Helen too :o)

jan said...

Thanks girls, was fun to make. Now needs to generate sales of tickets.