Friday 23 January 2009

CONTINUING CHARITY QUILT

Today, I have stitched and pressed and stitched some more, then pressed some more, cut out, searched [!] and finally, yes, finally, I have got it together. Here are some pictures I have taken, some are before it was pressed and tacked up, hopefully I have them in the right order. If not, I hope you will forgive me. I have sent the girls who sent me stuff for this Quilt, a picture of the almost finished thing, apart from Helen G, I don't seem to have your email Helen. The Suffolk puffs [shudder] have to go on yet, I know where they are going, I have to quilt it first though, also I am going to put the binding on before they are stitched on. I've decided to put a hanging sleeve on the back, as I think this is more a hanging than a quilt, due to the 'free' ribbons. Anyway, this is what I have achieved today, I am very pleased with the way it is looking. {BIGHEAD!!}

Bouncing a ball...



Close up of Dancers round the Maypole...



another close up...



view of Maypole...


more dancers...


kite flier...



see, there is her kite...



some of Kerstin's border...



another close up...



the kite has our initials on; R H K J
Ros Helen Kerstin Janet
for posterity girls...



the complete thing tacked up ready to quilt..



This evening, I got a lot of the quilting done on this, I am not going to do a lot anyway, I think the picture is enough, but it will have to be caught down somewhere, so I went round each of the dancers, the pole, the flowers, the kite, the ball, the kite string, in fact everything that is on there and had to be appliqued on, I quilted round. I have a plan for the Suffolk puffs as I said, the binding will go on tomorrow so it is nearly done. I am aiming for it to be finished either Sunday night or Monday at the latest. HOORAY you say. Me too!

3 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan,
The quilt is wonderful - thank you for all your hard work. The detail is fantastic. A very special quilt. Ros

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet, fantastic work. I love what you created, all the little things that make the whole wallhanging.

Thank you for letting me participate.
Kerstin

jan said...

Hi Ros and Kerstin,
Couldnt have done it without you two and Helen of course.
janet :-)
(((hugs)))