Wednesday 21 January 2009

CONTINUING STORY OF CHARITY QUILT

I am getting on really well with the Children's Society Quilt now that I have all the elements here. It took the Mail 10 DAYS to deliver Kerstin's package to me. OK it came from Germany, that is NOT the end of the world!! Not to worry it arrived and I cracked on.

This is Ros' border, it is hand embroidered -whew- neat job Ros. She has put the word, PEACE in lots of different languages and has kindly left me the list of which countries they are.
Cheers Ros...



I requested ten Suffolk Puffs [yoyo's] from everyone, made in their border fabric;

these are Ros' puffs, I got extras too...



Would you just look at this fab border. This is Kerstin's, I am so glad it arrived, even though it was late, isn't it wonderful, she has put so much work into it...



Kerstin's puffs...



Helen sent me her border as she is struggling to get lots of things done, I shall do hers along with mine, no problem, this is the message Helen wants on her border...



Helen's puffs, more extras...



This is to be my border, this is my message...



I have done my puffs, just not got a photo yet,
and I only made ten,
anyone who knows me will know I absolutely HATE the blooming things!!!!


Today, there was a funeral in the Close, so I had to close the curtains, I always do as a mark of respect, old fashioned I guess, but that's me folks. Anyway, it was dark to sew, so didn't get much done until the cortege had gone. Then I fairly flew on the machine and got the borders on, they fitted a treat, well done girls, thanks for that.
All the bonnets are now on, I have a few other applique bits to do then I will be able to sandwich it up and start Quilting it. Hooray, I can see the end in sight. I have been working non stop on this Quilt for a few days now and it is making a difference, I am doing nothing else until it is done. I have to get it finished so lots of tickets can be sold, we hope to raise a lot for the Children's Society.
Katy is sorting that end out thank goodness, cos I wouldn't know where to start.
I will get a picture on here tomorrow of how far I am so far. If you get what I mean!!!

to be continued....

2 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan, The quilt is really coming together now and is looking good.

jan said...

Hi Rosa-Munda, thanks for that, appreciate it. I'm getting ever closer to the finished article.