Monday 5 January 2009

PICTURES AND LOTS OF CHAT

A few pictures for you of the things I have been doing of late.

Here is one very smart young lady, modelling her lovely warm jacket she got from her Auntie Suzanne for Christmas, isn't it gorgeous, I wish they made it in a big size so I could have one...



I made this for Annette for Christmas, it was in Popular Patchwork Magazine, the Angels were holding cakes, but as Annette loves chocolate I substituted them for the cakes. The eyes are done with my Hot Fix Crystals, I am no good at embroidery anymore alas...



two close ups of the writing for you.....



Annette gave me this today, a belated present. Isn't it great; sadly, it fell on Rebecca as she was holding it for me, and as it is made of metal and VERY sharp; she now has a nasty cut on her face!! :-(



I have started the Applique on my Singing Garden Quilt - Ala Babs at Popular Patchwork...



close up for you....



This following Quilt is one of my UFOs, I am sending this to Joan, one of the ladies on Popular Patchwork Forum, as she wants to join my ZAPPING UFOs group but doesn't have any of her own UFOs; I am very pleased to be passing her one of mine,
a; it helps my pile go down and makes me feel good, b; she can join the group,
hope she likes it!!!! [the pattern is called Puss in the Corner Joan.]



-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There you go then, that is what I have been doing, plus, sorting out the design for the Children's Society Quilt I am making along with Kerstin, Ros and Helen, also from Popular Patchwork Forum. This will be raffled, I do hope it will raise a lot of money for the Society. A worthy cause.

Tomorrow I really must get in my sewing room and give it a real good tidy, it is in a dreadful mess, cant think why, has something just happened???? I have also got to sort out my class for the Thread Painting Class I am giving on 17th January. Gosh that will be soon! I also have a few more Postcards to make, its all go isn't it!

Actually I have forgotten to tell you all, that over Christmas, my Suzanne has been really ill, this Flu thing got her, she has had a really really bad chest infection, but is now on the mend and is insisting she go back to work tomorrow, well today actually! I think she needs another course of anti-biotics, but as I am only her silly old mum, what do I know. I cant stop her anyway. Plus, on top of that she also had a very poorly cat.
NOISY, he is the cat who was abandoned by one of their neighbours which they duly adopted as their own !!!! had a bad eye, so they took him off to the vet and oh dear, he had to have his eye removed. Nasty! He too, is on the mend and has been out, but she is getting him in every night so he doesn't have any more accidents, he is beginning to get used to having the one eye too apparently. Cats are very resilient aren't they? I guess that is probably the reason she is going back to work, the bill for that op???? £400.00 I should have been a Vet.

OMG I STILL haven't done the tagging think Maggie...ARGH!!!!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Janet

Reb looks lovey in her new jacket, i love the colours. I adored your take on the singing garden quilt looking forward to seeing it finished. Love Susan x

jan said...

Hi Susan, I managed to get another block appliqued this evening, I am doing the same pattern in the four log cabin blocks, just reversing them, then the borders. Thanks for your comment, appreciate it. :-)
Had a really busy day, sorting stuff out, plus hoovering up all the debris from Christmas, that tinsel gets everywhere, and keeps reappearing.

Maggie R said...

Hi Jan....
Thanks for popping by my blog....
I was looking for an email for you here but no luck...so here goes....
I wanted to tell you those wrist warmers are so cosy... when I take mine off I notice such a difference.... It's almost like the wee kids and their blankies!!! haha
I think the wristwarmers would be helpful to you ..... says Doctor Maggie..VBG, and so send me your snail mail address and I will send you a pair....
We can't have all this wonderful work you do start to slow down ..!!
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

jan said...

Hi Maggie, you know I can never get over the kindness os people, that is so good of you, do let me send you something in return. lol Janet :-)