Tuesday 6 October 2009

I HAD TO DO IT

I know I shouldn't have, but what is a girl to do after the recent problems she has had!

Have a go at something new that's what.

So here is my first attempt at Geta's way of Trapunto.

Wrong side of front - yep it is another bag....

Right side of front...

Back of bag but wrong side...

Back of bag, right side...




Done on the BERNINA....tada....

Doesn't it look pretty all lit up like that.

Thank you Geta, your instructions were first class and easy to follow.
OK, I didn't have any of the right stuff, but it is all on order :-)
Notes about this...
I designed the pattern on Quilt Pro 5 after hubby had reloaded it onto the computer for me, I found it easy to do and whilst I designed this little pattern I have to admit I got a little carried away and did 7 more, hahahaha!
I used a coloured voile, green actually, OK I know its not the right stuff, you will have to purchase Geta's Ebook to find out what the right stuff is, come on it is really cheap, support her folks, it is really worth buying.
The lining pattern, well, I was trying a pattern I had seen on Mary's site, I cannot remember what it is called but it was something like this - not really, it is nothing like this what-so-ever!
Once I had started though I just carried on, so maybe, just maybe I have just created a new free motion quilting pattern!!! Who knows. I like it so that is good.
Can you see the backs are the same as the fronts, just as I like it to be.
Hmmm wouldn't have happened on the J
talking of which, the chap rang from the shop today, and guess what?
He says there is nothing wrong with the Janome.
What a surprise!
Janome head quarters here I come
Marie Osmond here I come

6 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, wow, that looks great!
(and look out, Marie O...)

Geta Grama said...

I love your first attempt ! It's perfect ! And how beautiful is the quilting on the background.
Can't wait to see the finished bag !

Searchfamilies said...

How lovely you done good.
Try the machine out in the shop he may have done something but not said as i had a machine go back (not a J) & they tried to say it was not faulty well tought they still had it back & i got a refund
Hugs Janice

Maggi said...

A fantastic first attempt. I just love the quilting designs. Yah, boo to J. Go get 'em girl.

Unknown said...

your first attempt looks great, like everything you do.........that does look hard though.

Reflections of life and art said...

Janet, you are amazing gal you are....your first attempt and it turned out like that....fantastic!
Nice to have the old machine back!
And what's this about computer software that you are designing your own work.....now that's impressive!!
Wnat to come visit and give me lessons....please, pretty please!!