Wednesday 1 October 2008

PLAYING WITH ANGELINA FIBRES

Ages ago I wove [weaved!] some strips of fabric I had left over from another project. A proper weaver I AM NOT as you can see quite clearly from the pictures. I was having FUN! Anyway, I then discovered ANGELINA fibres and her friends through my friend Di, [who also bought me the video for my birthday, see a previous post!!] So I have been having MORE FUN playing with these.
These then are the results of all that fun!
ENJOY! I did.

This is the basic woven fabric strips. These are Postcard size. On the top one I decided I would put a few little feathers on it, that was fun to do the quilting that small...


These two are QTC size...
Here comes the Angelina...it is over the woven strips then quilted..great fun...



So many colours...
Ooohh I lurve this one...You know you always get a few 'waste' bits, so rather than bin them - which apparently you NEVER do with Angelina!!

I chopped, and let them drop, and where they dropped I quilted round and voila...

round bits, triangles and squares, you name it, chop, chop, chop...


Then I thought, what if you made a window, OK the first one is a bit naff. The second one is supposed to be a stained glass effect, almost, not quite. I will try another. I love playing with this stuff...
You have to click on the pictures so as to see the gorgeous sparkle you get from this ANGELINA. I will no doubt be making more, and more of these, or possibly something a little different. I have loads of ANGELINA and CHRISTALINA in lots of yummy colours. Yummy!
Watch this space.......

4 comments:

Di said...

Just lovely Jan. You'll have to show me all the different ways to use it. The purple one is just GORGEOUS!!!!!

jan said...

Hi Di, well thank you straight back at ya, cos it was you introduced me to this family of embellishments.
Yep the purple one has got to be my favourite.

KR said...

Hi Jan,
Wow, lovely and innovative postcard designs! I really like the woven effect with feathered quilt stitching and Angelina fibers. You are so talented!

jan said...

Hi KR, I hope you are feeling better now. I had great fun playing with these cards. The one you mean was a challenge with the small feathers, but hey, if you don't try and have a go, you will never know will you!!!! I will definitely make more of these. :-) Practice makes perfect. Hah! I wish!