Sunday 12 October 2008

PLEASED WITH MYSELF

I have finished ' the bag' I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I still haven't been able to get B as she is away for the weekend so I cant post a picture yet. I have decided to let A have this one, I didn't make the handles long enough for myself, stupid person that I am. I wear my bags schoolgirl style, you know, cross over, and thought these would be fine. DOH. Oh well, good excuse to make another.

Also I have redrafted a pattern for a tea cosy for Noel and made one up to make sure it worked. It does. So she shall have a pik of that tomorrow when Ive taken one. All in all a good days stitching seeing as I didn't start until 8.30pm.

Hopefully in time I will gets piks up here.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You should check out my mother's website you might like it. She is an artist and a cross stitch and quilt pattern designer. www.lindamyers.com

Reflections of life and art said...

Jan, can't wait to see the bag. That was so sweet of you to make a tea cozy patter for me...can't wait to see your beautiful creations....Love you sweetie!

Solstitches said...

I'm a bagaholic so await the picture of your bag with much anticipation.

jan said...

Hello Susan, I went to visit your mum's site, wonderful patterns on there, thank you for the link.

Noel, I can't show it to anyone yet as it isn't my design, I am awaiting permission from designer, but it may be a long time coming as I do believe it is going in a magazine now. Its great news. Tea cozy was no prob. You make it in about an hour I should think.

Hi Solstitches, please read answer to Noel above, as soon as I get the go ahead, the picture will be on here. It is a wonderful design. I am going to make myself one with longer straps. Daughter gona have this prototype. We love bags too, we are forever making them, and my GD has so many its impossible to count them and she is only 9!!!!! :-)